Country Day, a three-time stakes winner, has been retired from racing after he came down with a stress fracture during a recent workout at Churchill Downs.
Due Date, a turf sprint specialist who won two consecutive stakes at Fair Grounds, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Peach Lane Farms near Opelousas, La.
A long list of winners from a weekend of racing! ArchArchArch and Mucho Macho Man. View Slideshow
Silver Timber took a different route than he did last year, but the result was the same in the $100,000 Woodford (gr. IIIT), as he came off the pace to win the turf sprint Oct. 9 at Keeneland.
Silver Timber, in a no-holds-barred speed duel with even-money favorite Heroes Reward from the very start, finally inched clear of his rival in upper stretch and held on for a narrow victory in the $156,000 Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Belmont turf July 18.
Heroes Reward, a graded stakes winner on turf in each of the last three years, will tote top weight of 124 pounds as the likely favorite for the $150,000 Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park July 18.
Favored Chamberlain Bridge, a former claimer that had lost two in a row, overcame a rough start and bounced back in the $112,800 Aegon Turf Sprint Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 1 at Churchill Downs. He charged down the stretch late and held off the rallying Cannonball by a neck.
Cannonball and Chamberlain Bridge, who were heads apart while finishing second and third, respectively, in the April 11 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland, should be set up perfectly for a run at the $100,000 Aegon Turf Sprint on May 1 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night