Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Prominent Florida horseman Bonnie Heath, whose colt Needles become the first state-bred runner to earn a national championship and the first to win the Kentucky Derby, died the night of Nov. 4 at his Ocala, Fla., home.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark