Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Prominent Florida horseman Bonnie Heath, whose colt Needles become the first state-bred runner to earn a national championship and the first to win the Kentucky Derby, died the night of Nov. 4 at his Ocala, Fla., home.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Apprentice Aparicio Rides First U.S. Winner