Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Prominent Florida horseman Bonnie Heath, whose colt Needles become the first state-bred runner to earn a national championship and the first to win the Kentucky Derby, died the night of Nov. 4 at his Ocala, Fla., home.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver