Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Prominent Florida horseman Bonnie Heath, whose colt Needles become the first state-bred runner to earn a national championship and the first to win the Kentucky Derby, died the night of Nov. 4 at his Ocala, Fla., home.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?