Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Prominent Florida horseman Bonnie Heath, whose colt Needles become the first state-bred runner to earn a national championship and the first to win the Kentucky Derby, died the night of Nov. 4 at his Ocala, Fla., home.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia
- Miss Mischief Seeking to Make the Grade