Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Prominent Florida horseman Bonnie Heath, whose colt Needles become the first state-bred runner to earn a national championship and the first to win the Kentucky Derby, died the night of Nov. 4 at his Ocala, Fla., home.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup
- Vercingetorix Co-Stars on Super Saturday
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists