Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Prominent Florida horseman Bonnie Heath, whose colt Needles become the first state-bred runner to earn a national championship and the first to win the Kentucky Derby, died the night of Nov. 4 at his Ocala, Fla., home.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014
- NTRA Meets With Treasury on Withholding Taxes
- That Handicapping Show: The Martha Washington
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis