Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Prominent Florida horseman Bonnie Heath, whose colt Needles become the first state-bred runner to earn a national championship and the first to win the Kentucky Derby, died the night of Nov. 4 at his Ocala, Fla., home.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap