Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Prominent Florida horseman Bonnie Heath, whose colt Needles become the first state-bred runner to earn a national championship and the first to win the Kentucky Derby, died the night of Nov. 4 at his Ocala, Fla., home.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap