Caixa Eletronica, a popular four-time graded stakes winner, died as the result of injuries he suffered in a training accident Jan. 4 that also claimed the life of maiden Six Drivers.
John Ruane, who won a number of top New York races starting in the late 1950s, died Sept. 3 at a Somers Point, N.J., hospital., from pulmonary complications.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6