Caixa Eletronica, a popular four-time graded stakes winner, died as the result of injuries he suffered in a training accident Jan. 4 that also claimed the life of maiden Six Drivers.
John Ruane, who won a number of top New York races starting in the late 1950s, died Sept. 3 at a Somers Point, N.J., hospital., from pulmonary complications.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?