Caixa Eletronica, a popular four-time graded stakes winner, died as the result of injuries he suffered in a training accident Jan. 4 that also claimed the life of maiden Six Drivers.
John Ruane, who won a number of top New York races starting in the late 1950s, died Sept. 3 at a Somers Point, N.J., hospital., from pulmonary complications.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita