Duchossois Industries of Illinois has called in a more than $20-million note owed by the National Jockey Club, a move that threatens NJC plans for a 2007 spring meet at Hawthorne Race Course.
Churchill Downs Inc. president Tom Meeker said June 17 the company is in an excellent position for future growth and, though CDI intends to do its part, industry factions must work together to support and build the necessary infrastructure.
During a special meeting Friday, Churchill Downs shareholders approved issuance of up to 4.4 million shares of the company's stock to Duchossois Industries Inc.
Churchill Downs Inc. and Duchossois Industries Inc., which owns Arlington International Racecourse, announced Friday an agreement in which the two entities will be merged.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale