Duchossois Industries of Illinois has called in a more than $20-million note owed by the National Jockey Club, a move that threatens NJC plans for a 2007 spring meet at Hawthorne Race Course.
- By Tom LaMarra
Churchill Downs Inc. president Tom Meeker said June 17 the company is in an excellent position for future growth and, though CDI intends to do its part, industry factions must work together to support and build the necessary infrastructure.
During a special meeting Friday, Churchill Downs shareholders approved issuance of up to 4.4 million shares of the company's stock to Duchossois Industries Inc.
Churchill Downs Inc. and Duchossois Industries Inc., which owns Arlington International Racecourse, announced Friday an agreement in which the two entities will be merged.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic