Duchossois Industries of Illinois has called in a more than $20-million note owed by the National Jockey Club, a move that threatens NJC plans for a 2007 spring meet at Hawthorne Race Course.
Churchill Downs Inc. president Tom Meeker said June 17 the company is in an excellent position for future growth and, though CDI intends to do its part, industry factions must work together to support and build the necessary infrastructure.
During a special meeting Friday, Churchill Downs shareholders approved issuance of up to 4.4 million shares of the company's stock to Duchossois Industries Inc.
Churchill Downs Inc. and Duchossois Industries Inc., which owns Arlington International Racecourse, announced Friday an agreement in which the two entities will be merged.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks