Even-money choice Pirate's Trove was all out to stave off an upset-minded Cactus Kid in the $116,451 Duchess Stakes by a nose July 20 at rainy Woodbine to remain unbeaten in two starts.
With the major spring Canadian classics behind us, it's time for the 3-year-old filly sprinters to take center stage in the $125,000 Duchess Stakes at Woodbine July 20.
John Oxley's Spirited Miss rallied from off the pace to take the Duchess Stakes at Woodbine July 28, earning her first stakes score.
Favorite Anne's Beauty found her best stride past mid-stretch to collar front-running Honey Chile close to home and register a two-length win in the $157,363 Duchess Stakes on Woodbine's Polytrack July 30.
Sharp Secretary reeled in runaway pacesetter Simply Spiteful at the head of the stretch and cleared off to post her first stakes victory in the $147,118 Duchess at Woodbine Aug. 7.
Jockey Chantal Sutherland enjoyed a memorable day at Woodbine Aug. 9, with five victories, among them a 21-length romp and a nose decision aboard Sugar Bay in the $171,308 Duchess Stakes.
Bear Now, the 4-5 favorite, made easy work of six rivals in Saturday's CAN$150,000 Duchess Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Lemon Maid made easy work of five rivals in Saturday's $165,550 Duchess Stakes (Can-III) as the 2-5 favorite at Woodbine.
Three-year-old fillies Lemon Maid and South Bay Cove, both winners of three of four starts in their careers, figure to battle it out in Saturday's $162,150 Duchess Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Finally Here, ridden by Patrick Husbands, outfought favored Winter Garden and jockey Chantal Sutherland down the stretch to win the $177,250 Duchess Stakes (Can-III) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million