Csaba returns to graded stakes company for the first time since this summer in a title defense of the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Dec 7 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Csaba, given a dream run through at the rail by Luis Saez, left Delegation behind in the stretch to win the $100,000 Harlan's Holiday Stakes Dec. 16 for his third consecutive victory in Florida.
The $100,000 Harlan's Holiday Stakes may be ungraded, but the Dec. 16 renewal at Gulfstream Park still drew a strong collection of top contenders.
Ducduc, launching his bid from well behind on the final turn, caught runaway leader Csaba at the wire to pull out a dead heat in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 24 at Calder Casino and Race Course.
After rolling to victory in the Tropical Park Derby on Oct. 13 at Calder Race Course, Csaba will try to keep the ball rolling when he faces an expected five rivals in the Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III).
Coming off a splendid three-race campaign at Woodbine, Forte Dei Marmi looks to wrap up the year on a winning note in the $150,000 W. L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 24.
Local favorite Cash Rules was a popular winner of the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) Oct. 13, his seventh lifetime victory at Calder Casino & Race Course and first in a graded stakes event.
Imperial Czar, drawing into the Miami Mile Handicap after it was rained off the turf, won at odds of 8-1 April 21 at Calder.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch