In his first outing since winning the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) In March, Godolphin Stable's Dubai Millennium heads the eight-horse field that will contest today's Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I).
Trainer David Loder announced Dec. 6 his intention to retire at the end of the 2003 season.
Street Cry's stellar performance to win the seventh running of the Group I Dubai World Cup in March earned the Godolphin Racing star's the Emirates Racing Association's Nashwan Horse of the Year Award for 2001-02.
Two-year-old colt Almushahar earned a comparison with the late great Dubai Millennium as he overcame trouble to post a sparkling victory at Doncaster on Friday and became the favorite for next year's Sagitta 2,000 Guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Churchill Downs Inc. Names Carstanjen CEO
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Ohio Moves to Increase Losing Mount Fees
- Keeneland's New Dirt Track
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time