In his first outing since winning the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) In March, Godolphin Stable's Dubai Millennium heads the eight-horse field that will contest today's Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I).
Trainer David Loder announced Dec. 6 his intention to retire at the end of the 2003 season.
Street Cry's stellar performance to win the seventh running of the Group I Dubai World Cup in March earned the Godolphin Racing star's the Emirates Racing Association's Nashwan Horse of the Year Award for 2001-02.
Two-year-old colt Almushahar earned a comparison with the late great Dubai Millennium as he overcame trouble to post a sparkling victory at Doncaster on Friday and became the favorite for next year's Sagitta 2,000 Guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System