In his first outing since winning the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) In March, Godolphin Stable's Dubai Millennium heads the eight-horse field that will contest today's Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I).
Trainer David Loder announced Dec. 6 his intention to retire at the end of the 2003 season.
Street Cry's stellar performance to win the seventh running of the Group I Dubai World Cup in March earned the Godolphin Racing star's the Emirates Racing Association's Nashwan Horse of the Year Award for 2001-02.
Two-year-old colt Almushahar earned a comparison with the late great Dubai Millennium as he overcame trouble to post a sparkling victory at Doncaster on Friday and became the favorite for next year's Sagitta 2,000 Guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle