In his first outing since winning the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) In March, Godolphin Stable's Dubai Millennium heads the eight-horse field that will contest today's Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I).
Trainer David Loder announced Dec. 6 his intention to retire at the end of the 2003 season.
Street Cry's stellar performance to win the seventh running of the Group I Dubai World Cup in March earned the Godolphin Racing star's the Emirates Racing Association's Nashwan Horse of the Year Award for 2001-02.
Two-year-old colt Almushahar earned a comparison with the late great Dubai Millennium as he overcame trouble to post a sparkling victory at Doncaster on Friday and became the favorite for next year's Sagitta 2,000 Guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture