Godolphin's 2013 Dubai Gold Cup (UAE-III) victor Cavalryman makes his first start of the year in the launching pad to this year's edition of $1 million race, the $200,000 Nad Al Sheba Trophy (UAE-III) March 1 at Meydan.
Owners and trainers will have more race options for their horses during the 2014 Dubai World Cup Carnival under recently announced changes to the $37 million program, which begins Jan. 9.
Coverage of Cavalryman's Dubai Gold Cup from the walking ring to the post race activities, including comments from jockey Silvestre de Sousa and trainer Saeed bin Suroor . Watch Video
Coolmore and partners' St Nicholas Abbey spoiled the international debut of filly Gentildonna as he drew off from the reigning Japanese Horse of the Year, winning the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic March 30 at Meydan.
Japan's brilliant filly Gentildonna begins her international campaign March 30 in the $5 million Longines Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-I) on the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) undercard at Meydan.
Marathon is marred by fatal breakdown and two other injuries in rescheduled race.
Godolphin will send out a trio of top-class runners to compete in the $1 million Godolphin Mile Sponsored by Etisalat (UAE-II) at Meydan Racecourse March 31.
The Dubai World Cup has added a 3,200-meter (two-mile) turf stakes to the 2012 World Cup card, increasing total purses for the world's richest racing day to $27.25 million.
Most Popular Stories
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19