Upsets topped by a $103.80 shocker by Pinecrest Boy in the B. B. "Sixty" Rayburn Stakes tested the mettle of even the most hardened of handicappers Saturday night during Legends Night III for Louisiana breds at Evangeline Downs. Twelve of the 13 betting favorites -- including seven at odds of even-money or less -- went down to defeat.
For the first time in its 42-year history, Evangeline Downs will offer purses totaling more than $1 million dollars on a single racing program Saturday night with Legends Night III, a 13-race card featuring 11 stake races restricted to Louisiana bred horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies