Upsets topped by a $103.80 shocker by Pinecrest Boy in the B. B. "Sixty" Rayburn Stakes tested the mettle of even the most hardened of handicappers Saturday night during Legends Night III for Louisiana breds at Evangeline Downs. Twelve of the 13 betting favorites -- including seven at odds of even-money or less -- went down to defeat.
For the first time in its 42-year history, Evangeline Downs will offer purses totaling more than $1 million dollars on a single racing program Saturday night with Legends Night III, a 13-race card featuring 11 stake races restricted to Louisiana bred horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks