Upsets topped by a $103.80 shocker by Pinecrest Boy in the B. B. "Sixty" Rayburn Stakes tested the mettle of even the most hardened of handicappers Saturday night during Legends Night III for Louisiana breds at Evangeline Downs. Twelve of the 13 betting favorites -- including seven at odds of even-money or less -- went down to defeat.
For the first time in its 42-year history, Evangeline Downs will offer purses totaling more than $1 million dollars on a single racing program Saturday night with Legends Night III, a 13-race card featuring 11 stake races restricted to Louisiana bred horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon