Racing will return to south central Louisiana for the 43rd consecutive year as Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino kicks off its 85-night spring/summer season April 9.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme earned his biggest win in racing when his little 2-year-old gelding Woozy overcame a poor start to claim the $150,000 D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity Saturday night at Evangeline Downs.
Evangeline Downs, which will hold its final meet at its current location in Lafayette, La., in 2004, has upped the ante for the D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity in an effort to bolster its program for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection