Racing will return to south central Louisiana for the 43rd consecutive year as Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino kicks off its 85-night spring/summer season April 9.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme earned his biggest win in racing when his little 2-year-old gelding Woozy overcame a poor start to claim the $150,000 D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity Saturday night at Evangeline Downs.
Evangeline Downs, which will hold its final meet at its current location in Lafayette, La., in 2004, has upped the ante for the D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity in an effort to bolster its program for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Yes It's True Euthanized
- Pender Harbour: Farewell to 'The King'
- Wyoming Downs Reopens Historic Racing Games
- Effinex Looks for His Highlight Win in Clark
- Commissioner to WinStar Farm for 2016
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Saham Returns for Commonwealth Turf Bid
- Kentucky Oaks Winner Keeper Hill Dead at 20
- Dortmund Out of Clark Handicap
- Churchill Unveils Derby Sire Future Wager