Racing will return to south central Louisiana for the 43rd consecutive year as Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino kicks off its 85-night spring/summer season April 9.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme earned his biggest win in racing when his little 2-year-old gelding Woozy overcame a poor start to claim the $150,000 D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity Saturday night at Evangeline Downs.
Evangeline Downs, which will hold its final meet at its current location in Lafayette, La., in 2004, has upped the ante for the D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity in an effort to bolster its program for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France