Racing will return to south central Louisiana for the 43rd consecutive year as Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino kicks off its 85-night spring/summer season April 9.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme earned his biggest win in racing when his little 2-year-old gelding Woozy overcame a poor start to claim the $150,000 D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity Saturday night at Evangeline Downs.
Evangeline Downs, which will hold its final meet at its current location in Lafayette, La., in 2004, has upped the ante for the D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity in an effort to bolster its program for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases