Racing will return to south central Louisiana for the 43rd consecutive year as Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino kicks off its 85-night spring/summer season April 9.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme earned his biggest win in racing when his little 2-year-old gelding Woozy overcame a poor start to claim the $150,000 D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity Saturday night at Evangeline Downs.
Evangeline Downs, which will hold its final meet at its current location in Lafayette, La., in 2004, has upped the ante for the D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity in an effort to bolster its program for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale