An unusual outbreak of the bacterial disease "pigeon fever," also known as dryland distemper, has been occurring in Kentucky over the past three weeks, according to Dr. Doug Byars, a specialist in internal medicine and equine critical care.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September