An unusual outbreak of the bacterial disease "pigeon fever," also known as dryland distemper, has been occurring in Kentucky over the past three weeks, according to Dr. Doug Byars, a specialist in internal medicine and equine critical care.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore