The $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III), which was rescheduled for Feb. 20 after frigid temperatures in Hot Springs forced its cancelation on President's Day, redrew a field of 10 -- the same horses from its original field.
Dublin, winner of the Hopeful (gr. I) as a juvenile, drew post 10 for his 3-year-old debut and will take on a solid group of rivals that includes three California shippers in the $250,000 Southwest Stakes Feb. 15 at Oaklawn.
In a race featuring several early 2010 Triple Crown prospects and named after a past Kentucky Derby (gr. I) victor, Dryfly, a bay gelding by Jump Start emerged the decisive winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill