The $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III), which was rescheduled for Feb. 20 after frigid temperatures in Hot Springs forced its cancelation on President's Day, redrew a field of 10 -- the same horses from its original field.
Dublin, winner of the Hopeful (gr. I) as a juvenile, drew post 10 for his 3-year-old debut and will take on a solid group of rivals that includes three California shippers in the $250,000 Southwest Stakes Feb. 15 at Oaklawn.
In a race featuring several early 2010 Triple Crown prospects and named after a past Kentucky Derby (gr. I) victor, Dryfly, a bay gelding by Jump Start emerged the decisive winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Equine Attorneys Group Elects Philpott
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway