The $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III), which was rescheduled for Feb. 20 after frigid temperatures in Hot Springs forced its cancelation on President's Day, redrew a field of 10 -- the same horses from its original field.
Dublin, winner of the Hopeful (gr. I) as a juvenile, drew post 10 for his 3-year-old debut and will take on a solid group of rivals that includes three California shippers in the $250,000 Southwest Stakes Feb. 15 at Oaklawn.
In a race featuring several early 2010 Triple Crown prospects and named after a past Kentucky Derby (gr. I) victor, Dryfly, a bay gelding by Jump Start emerged the decisive winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start