Favored Rocky Gulch would not be denied in his quest to become racing's newest millionaire, prevailing by a neck over El Minuto in the $212,100 New Mexico Cup Classic Championship at Zia Park Sunday in Hobbs, N.M.
Front-running Rocky Gulch was tiring fast in Sunday's $147,200 New Mexico Cup Classic at Zia Park under his 127-pound impost, but under powerful urging from jockey Jorge Bourdieu, the 4-year-old gelding got the job done as the prohibitive favorite.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby