Education was the primary mission of the June 13 International Summit on Race Day Medication, EIPH and the Racehorse held at Belmont Park in New York.
Jockey Club president James Gagliano reiterates call for ban on race-day medications.
As expected the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors said April 20 it will join the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and American Association of Equine Practitioners in organizing a drug summit.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment