Education was the primary mission of the June 13 International Summit on Race Day Medication, EIPH and the Racehorse held at Belmont Park in New York.
Jockey Club president James Gagliano reiterates call for ban on race-day medications.
As expected the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors said April 20 it will join the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and American Association of Equine Practitioners in organizing a drug summit.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park