Education was the primary mission of the June 13 International Summit on Race Day Medication, EIPH and the Racehorse held at Belmont Park in New York.
Jockey Club president James Gagliano reiterates call for ban on race-day medications.
As expected the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors said April 20 it will join the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and American Association of Equine Practitioners in organizing a drug summit.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming