Penn National Gaming Inc. has updated its guide for horsemen to reflect sanctions against those involved with racehorses that test positive for illegal medications.
The six-month suspension of Delta Downs trainer Terry W. Vance after a horse he trains tested positive for Ractopamine has not yet taken effect.
Two Kentucky trainers received 180-day suspensions because their runners tested positive for the Class I substance O-desmethyltramadol, which has an analgesic effect, in 2009.
The Nebraska Racing Commission has suspended owner/trainer David C. Anderson for three years and fined him $4,000 as a result of positive tests for Class I drugs in two of his horses.
Three Valleys , winner of the Shadwell Stud Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England, will almost definitely lose the six-furlong race after the British Jockey Club confirmed that the 2-year-old has failed a post-race drug test.
Keeneland officials scratched two horses from the 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday because of positive drug tests that showed up after the under tack shows.
The California Horse Racing Board issued two complaints Saturday against prominent Southern California trainer Robert Frankel. Frankel was cited after morphine was detected in urine samples taken from two horses the trainer raced at Hollywood Park in June.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees