Penn National Gaming Inc. has updated its guide for horsemen to reflect sanctions against those involved with racehorses that test positive for illegal medications.
The six-month suspension of Delta Downs trainer Terry W. Vance after a horse he trains tested positive for Ractopamine has not yet taken effect.
Two Kentucky trainers received 180-day suspensions because their runners tested positive for the Class I substance O-desmethyltramadol, which has an analgesic effect, in 2009.
The Nebraska Racing Commission has suspended owner/trainer David C. Anderson for three years and fined him $4,000 as a result of positive tests for Class I drugs in two of his horses.
Three Valleys , winner of the Shadwell Stud Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England, will almost definitely lose the six-furlong race after the British Jockey Club confirmed that the 2-year-old has failed a post-race drug test.
Keeneland officials scratched two horses from the 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday because of positive drug tests that showed up after the under tack shows.
The California Horse Racing Board issued two complaints Saturday against prominent Southern California trainer Robert Frankel. Frankel was cited after morphine was detected in urine samples taken from two horses the trainer raced at Hollywood Park in June.
Most Popular Stories
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses