New York state regulators have imposed a 20-day suspension and $7,500 fine on top Aqueduct Racetrack trainer Rudy Rodriguez after flunixin was found in his horses at two separate races last year.
The French horse racing federation says jockey Frankie Dettori has been suspended from racing in France based on medical grounds following a positive drug test.
Louisiana trainer Terry Vance had a suspension reduced from six months to 60 days because the classification of the drug found in his horse had been reduced from Class 2 to the less potent Class 3.
California stewards have ordered a redistribution of Wait a While's share of the 2008 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) purse and disqualified her from third to last.
Two horses in the care of Larry Jones at Delaware Park were mysteriously found turned out from their stalls on consecutive recent nights, leading to the firing of an employee of the trainer and an investigation by track officials.
Trainer Jeff Bonde was fined $1,000 for possession of contraband and his private veterinarian suspended for 30 days by stewards at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 13 after lidocaine was found in a post-race urine sample of a horse under their care.
Trainer Edward Barker was suspended for 60 days after The Conquerer tested positive for a prohibited substance following a third-place finish in a race in mid-January at Aqueduct.
Trainer Michael Daggett and veterinarian William Isomoto were suspended for by Aqueduct's stewards Sunday.
Trainer Jose Silva has been suspended for 45 days by the California Horse Racing Board after Glorious Linda tested positive for the Class 2 drug Hydroxymepivacaine after finishing second in a $50,000 claiming event April 21 at Hollywood Park. Silva has three days to appeal the suspension which was handed down by the Board of Stewards at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows