New York state regulators have imposed a 20-day suspension and $7,500 fine on top Aqueduct Racetrack trainer Rudy Rodriguez after flunixin was found in his horses at two separate races last year.
The French horse racing federation says jockey Frankie Dettori has been suspended from racing in France based on medical grounds following a positive drug test.
Louisiana trainer Terry Vance had a suspension reduced from six months to 60 days because the classification of the drug found in his horse had been reduced from Class 2 to the less potent Class 3.
California stewards have ordered a redistribution of Wait a While's share of the 2008 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) purse and disqualified her from third to last.
Two horses in the care of Larry Jones at Delaware Park were mysteriously found turned out from their stalls on consecutive recent nights, leading to the firing of an employee of the trainer and an investigation by track officials.
Trainer Jeff Bonde was fined $1,000 for possession of contraband and his private veterinarian suspended for 30 days by stewards at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 13 after lidocaine was found in a post-race urine sample of a horse under their care.
Trainer Edward Barker was suspended for 60 days after The Conquerer tested positive for a prohibited substance following a third-place finish in a race in mid-January at Aqueduct.
Trainer Michael Daggett and veterinarian William Isomoto were suspended for by Aqueduct's stewards Sunday.
Trainer Jose Silva has been suspended for 45 days by the California Horse Racing Board after Glorious Linda tested positive for the Class 2 drug Hydroxymepivacaine after finishing second in a $50,000 claiming event April 21 at Hollywood Park. Silva has three days to appeal the suspension which was handed down by the Board of Stewards at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont