Rules to void a claim, provide veterinary records to the postmortem program, and revise the penalties for certain drug overages are under consideration by the California Horse Racing Board, which is seeking public comment.
A 45-day public comment period started March 2 on a series of rule amendments and additions under consideration by the California Horse Racing Board revising classification of drug substances and penalties for medication violations.
Kentucky is one step closer to implementing a hard-hitting comprehensive schedule of penalties for medication violations, including horse suspensions, license revocations, and fines designed to make racehorse owners and veterinarians more accountable.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided