The Association of Racing Commissioners International's board of directors has unanimously approved a drug reclassification of stanozolol, boldenone, nandrolone, and testosterone, moving the anabolic steroids to Class 3 from Class 4.
A 45-day public comment period started March 2 on a series of rule amendments and additions under consideration by the California Horse Racing Board revising classification of drug substances and penalties for medication violations.
The California Horse Racing Board Medication Committee will consider major changes to the state's medication rules and penalties during a meeting Jan. 9 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace to Miss Remainder of Saratoga Meet
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Travers Purse $1.6 Million if 'Pharoah' Runs
- Holy Boss Extends Streak in Amsterdam
- Jockey Montalvo Hits 1,000-Win Milestone
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Wild One, Futura Win on Big Day at Greyville
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win