Severe drought conditions were blamed for today's cancellation of two steeplechase races scheduled for Arlington Park on Sept. 15. The races, a $50,000 stakes and a $25,000 maiden race, failed to attract sufficient entries, and were canceled by mutual agreement between the track and the National Steeplechase Association.
Due to a severe drought which has affected the state of Delaware, Delaware Park has curtailed training on both its main track and training track on Thursdays, until further notice.
Grade II winner Meadow Monster's first winner emerged April 22 at Keeneland when Drought won a 4 1/2-furlong maiden race in :53.35 in her first start.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- NY Approves Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- Case Against Pena Results in Three-Year Ban
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- Changes Eyed for KY Breeders' Incentive Fund
- Houghton, Radosevich Win Mahoning Titles
- Clabes Appointed Executive Director of KEEP