Severe drought conditions were blamed for today's cancellation of two steeplechase races scheduled for Arlington Park on Sept. 15. The races, a $50,000 stakes and a $25,000 maiden race, failed to attract sufficient entries, and were canceled by mutual agreement between the track and the National Steeplechase Association.
Due to a severe drought which has affected the state of Delaware, Delaware Park has curtailed training on both its main track and training track on Thursdays, until further notice.
Grade II winner Meadow Monster's first winner emerged April 22 at Keeneland when Drought won a 4 1/2-furlong maiden race in :53.35 in her first start.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh