Severe drought conditions were blamed for today's cancellation of two steeplechase races scheduled for Arlington Park on Sept. 15. The races, a $50,000 stakes and a $25,000 maiden race, failed to attract sufficient entries, and were canceled by mutual agreement between the track and the National Steeplechase Association.
Due to a severe drought which has affected the state of Delaware, Delaware Park has curtailed training on both its main track and training track on Thursdays, until further notice.
Grade II winner Meadow Monster's first winner emerged April 22 at Keeneland when Drought won a 4 1/2-furlong maiden race in :53.35 in her first start.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects