Benjamin Leon Jr. spent $1.3 million for an Unbridled's Song--Lady of Choice filly (Hip No. 941) from Dromoland Farm's consignment. The filly was the first seven-figure horse sold during Keeneland September's fifth session.
Dublin, winner of the 2009 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, has been retired from racing because of a fractured sesamoid
The first reported foal by classic-placed Dunkirk is a filly foaled Jan. 10 for Peter E. Blum Thoroughbreds.
Grade II winner Eurosilver, whose daughter Neversaidiwassweet won the Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 28, has been relocated to Mike Jester's Penn Ridge Farm near Harrisburg, Pa.
In his first work over the track, William Mack and Robert Baker's Dublin sizzled five furlongs in :59.20 at Churchill Downs April 19 as he continues to work toward the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The yearling market continues its slump but trading was brisk during the fifth session of the 14-day Keeneland September Yearling sale.
Grade II winner Eurosilver sired his first winner when his son Judas scored by four lengths July 24 at Calder Race Course.
Gerry Dilger announced he has opened a stallion division at his Dromoland Farm near Lexington and that grade II winner Eurosilver will enter stud there in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos