Benjamin Leon Jr. spent $1.3 million for an Unbridled's Song--Lady of Choice filly (Hip No. 941) from Dromoland Farm's consignment. The filly was the first seven-figure horse sold during Keeneland September's fifth session.
Dublin, winner of the 2009 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, has been retired from racing because of a fractured sesamoid
The first reported foal by classic-placed Dunkirk is a filly foaled Jan. 10 for Peter E. Blum Thoroughbreds.
Grade II winner Eurosilver, whose daughter Neversaidiwassweet won the Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 28, has been relocated to Mike Jester's Penn Ridge Farm near Harrisburg, Pa.
In his first work over the track, William Mack and Robert Baker's Dublin sizzled five furlongs in :59.20 at Churchill Downs April 19 as he continues to work toward the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The yearling market continues its slump but trading was brisk during the fifth session of the 14-day Keeneland September Yearling sale.
Grade II winner Eurosilver sired his first winner when his son Judas scored by four lengths July 24 at Calder Race Course.
Gerry Dilger announced he has opened a stallion division at his Dromoland Farm near Lexington and that grade II winner Eurosilver will enter stud there in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic