The demand for well-bred weanlings materialized late during the second session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when Coolmore Stud’s M. V. Magnier went to $1.45 million to buy a son of War Front.
Kentucky-based Hill 'n' Dale Farms and Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings were active in Australia May 28 at the select session of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, where 10 horses sold for seven figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill