A Facebook-like Web site for Thoroughbreds has partnered with Equibase to track future racing careers through its Virtual Stable.
Consignors at the Keeneland September yearling sale were bracing themselves for one of the most daunting auction challenges of 2009: Finding new homes for thousands of young horses at a time when the weak economy is causing buyer demand for Thoroughbreds to shrink. Buyers, meanwhile, were excited about the prospect of bargains.
Previous to the start of this year's yearling auction season, there was speculation that pinhookers " purchasers of yearlings resale at 2-year-old auctions next year " would not be as active in the past. Based on Monday's results from the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky yearling sale, the pinhooking profession is alive and well, with two relative newcomers to the resale game among the most active buyers.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont