Super Frolic, a grade II stakes winner of more than $1.4 million, headlines the Evangeline Mile Handicap, the marquee race of the season at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino on Saturday night.
Front-running Silent Pleasure took grade I winner Bob and John's best shot in the stretch run of Saturday's $300,000 Texas Mile (gr. III), then responded to left-handed urging from jockey Tracy Hebert to record his fourth consecutive stakes victory while making his first start at Lone Star Park.
Bob and John, the 2006 Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner will make his first start in 238 days as the 6-5 morning line favorite in Saturday's grade III, $300,000 Texas Mile at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Sandra Duke's Dreamsandvisions captured the $150,000 Evangeline Mile in come-from-behind fashion Saturday night at Opelousas, La.
Two-year-old gelding Be a Resident fought off several challengers and remained unbeaten in three starts with a 1 ¼-length victory over Holy Mission in the Staunch Avenger Division of the $125,000 Texas Stallion Stakes at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Salute the Sarge to E.A. Ranches in Calif.
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Easter Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3