Super Frolic, a grade II stakes winner of more than $1.4 million, headlines the Evangeline Mile Handicap, the marquee race of the season at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino on Saturday night.
Front-running Silent Pleasure took grade I winner Bob and John's best shot in the stretch run of Saturday's $300,000 Texas Mile (gr. III), then responded to left-handed urging from jockey Tracy Hebert to record his fourth consecutive stakes victory while making his first start at Lone Star Park.
Bob and John, the 2006 Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner will make his first start in 238 days as the 6-5 morning line favorite in Saturday's grade III, $300,000 Texas Mile at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Sandra Duke's Dreamsandvisions captured the $150,000 Evangeline Mile in come-from-behind fashion Saturday night at Opelousas, La.
Two-year-old gelding Be a Resident fought off several challengers and remained unbeaten in three starts with a 1 ¼-length victory over Holy Mission in the Staunch Avenger Division of the $125,000 Texas Stallion Stakes at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn