Alternation seeks redemption against a short field of four others in the $200,000 Governor's Cup Stakes at Remington Park Aug. 11, but Zayat Stables' speedy Prayer for Relief presents a challenge.
Perfect in four starts this year, Zayat Stables' Prayer for Relief will try to pick off another lucrative stakes purse Oct. 16 when he leads a field of 12 in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park.
Prayer for Relief gave trainer Bob Baffert consecutive wins in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) when he registered a mild upset at Prairie Meadows on the night of June 25.
Favored Thiskyhasnolimit prevailed in a terrific stretch duel with Gladding to win the $200,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) by a half-length at Lone Star Park April 23 for his first graded stakes triumph since 2009.
Gladding, a grade II winner for trainer John Sadler, will attempt to become the latest California-based horse to win the Texas Mile (gr. III) when the $200,000 event is contested April 23 at Lone Star Park.
The connections for Dreaminofthewin and Glint have informed Oaklawn Park officials March 18 they intend to scratch out of Saturday's $300,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present