In preparation for the shooting later this year of the Walt Disney Pictures' movie "Secretariat," Mayhem Pictures, producer of the film, will conduct an open, online "casting call" for horses to portray the legendary 1973 Triple Crown winner.
Keeneland's 2005 fall race meeting begins Friday, Oct. 7 and during the 17-day meet there will be a number of special promotions and events. Here's a glimpse of the calendar of events.
Fans who come to Keeneland during closing week Oct. 26-Oct. 29 will have a chance to win one of six "dream" prizes as part of Keeneland's "Dream Week" giveaway.
For the second time in two years, Keeneland's picturesque setting has provided the backdrop for a Hollywood movie. To celebrate the opening of Dreamer, the most recent movie filmed at the historic race course, Keeneland will offer several promotions inspired by the DreamWork's film.
"Dreamer", a new movie starring Kurt Russell that will begin filming the Lexington, Ky. area in September, is seeking extras to appear in various roles, including horseback riders.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown