Favored Harriett Lane rallied five wide coming across the dirt and overtook pacesetter Bettarun Fast in mid-stretch to win the $109,450 La Habra for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita hillside turf course Sunday.
If Kirkendahl wins Saturday's $150,000 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita Park, it will be music to the ears of the colt's owner, country singing star Toby Keith.
Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) hopeful Cactus Ridge breezed five furlongs in 1:00.26 prior to Saturday's first race at Hawthorne Racecourse.
A pair of stakes records were set during Arlington Park's closing-day card Saturday, with victories by juvenile Cactus Ridge in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity and by juvenile filly Zosima in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (both gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- NY Fan Forum: Focus on Customer Service
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation
- Travers Day Handle Just Shy of $50 Million
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon