Favored Harriett Lane rallied five wide coming across the dirt and overtook pacesetter Bettarun Fast in mid-stretch to win the $109,450 La Habra for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita hillside turf course Sunday.
If Kirkendahl wins Saturday's $150,000 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita Park, it will be music to the ears of the colt's owner, country singing star Toby Keith.
Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) hopeful Cactus Ridge breezed five furlongs in 1:00.26 prior to Saturday's first race at Hawthorne Racecourse.
A pair of stakes records were set during Arlington Park's closing-day card Saturday, with victories by juvenile Cactus Ridge in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity and by juvenile filly Zosima in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (both gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions