Favored Harriett Lane rallied five wide coming across the dirt and overtook pacesetter Bettarun Fast in mid-stretch to win the $109,450 La Habra for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita hillside turf course Sunday.
If Kirkendahl wins Saturday's $150,000 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita Park, it will be music to the ears of the colt's owner, country singing star Toby Keith.
Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) hopeful Cactus Ridge breezed five furlongs in 1:00.26 prior to Saturday's first race at Hawthorne Racecourse.
A pair of stakes records were set during Arlington Park's closing-day card Saturday, with victories by juvenile Cactus Ridge in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity and by juvenile filly Zosima in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (both gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale