Forest Lake, at 32-1 odds, and 7-1 shot Waha Wild recorded upsets in a pair of juvenile stakes at Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel Aug. 30, closing night of the 2014 season Aug. 30 at Opelousas, La.
After a less-than-perfect trip in the Smarty Jones Stakes last month, Reckless Jerry looks as if he's on track to rebound in the $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 20 at Oaklawn Park. He worked five furlongs Feb. 5.
Cactus Ridge, who ranks among the leading third-crop sires of 2009, will stand the 2010 breeding season at Vinery near Lexington. The 8-year-old son of Hennessy previously stood at Walmac Farm.
Sebastian County, a clear leader a furlong from home, held off Poni Colada by a head to win the $75,000 Northern Spur for 3-year-olds on the Arkansas Derby (gr. II) program at Oaklawn Park April 12.
Country music superstar Toby Keith has joined the Race for Education by nominating two of his race horses to the organization's Race Horse Nomination Program. By nominating TK's Whiskey Girl and an unnamed filly by Behrens, Keith agreed to donate a percentage of their future earnings to the national nonprofit.
Country music star Toby Keith's homebred Cactus Ridge has been declared out of the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) due to a knee injury, according to a release from Hawthorne Race Course. Cactus Ridge and trainer Bret Calhoun are based at the Chicago-area track.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24