Forest Lake, at 32-1 odds, and 7-1 shot Waha Wild recorded upsets in a pair of juvenile stakes at Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel Aug. 30, closing night of the 2014 season Aug. 30 at Opelousas, La.
After a less-than-perfect trip in the Smarty Jones Stakes last month, Reckless Jerry looks as if he's on track to rebound in the $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 20 at Oaklawn Park. He worked five furlongs Feb. 5.
Cactus Ridge, who ranks among the leading third-crop sires of 2009, will stand the 2010 breeding season at Vinery near Lexington. The 8-year-old son of Hennessy previously stood at Walmac Farm.
Sebastian County, a clear leader a furlong from home, held off Poni Colada by a head to win the $75,000 Northern Spur for 3-year-olds on the Arkansas Derby (gr. II) program at Oaklawn Park April 12.
Country music superstar Toby Keith has joined the Race for Education by nominating two of his race horses to the organization's Race Horse Nomination Program. By nominating TK's Whiskey Girl and an unnamed filly by Behrens, Keith agreed to donate a percentage of their future earnings to the national nonprofit.
Country music star Toby Keith's homebred Cactus Ridge has been declared out of the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) due to a knee injury, according to a release from Hawthorne Race Course. Cactus Ridge and trainer Bret Calhoun are based at the Chicago-area track.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer