Rachel Alexandra will make her first start since her historic Preakness (gr. I) victory June 27 at Belmont Park, but her presence in the $300,000 Mother Goose (gr. I) isn't scaring everyone away.
On a five-race win streak, Justwhistledixie doesn't figure to run into anyone like Rachel Alexandra in the one-mile Acorn, a $300,000 event that drew eight other 3-year-old fillies.
Favored Dream Play, left alone on the lead, exploded away from the field at the top of the lane under Eddie Castro to collect her first graded stakes win in the $147,000 Comely (gr. II) at sloppy Aqueduct April 11.
Laragh, who captured the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) in December, makes her 3-year-old debut in the $150,000 Comely Stakes (gr. II) at one mile on the Aqueduct main track April 11.
Zayat Stable's Heart Ashley took the lead out of the gate and never looked back as the 3-year-old daughter of Lion Heart ran away with the $107,300 Cicada Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack on March 14.
One Smokin' Lady, who in her last start romped to a 5 1/2-length allowance victory at Philadelphia Park, will make the jump into graded stakes company in the $100,000 Cicada (gr. III), a six-furlong sprint for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Hard Not to Like Seeks Fourth Grade I
- Favorite Tale Easy Fabulous Strike Winner
- Andreya's Reward Shifts to Dirt for Hut Hut
- Sharla Rae Takes on Males in Hollywood Derby
- Mobile Bay Just Up in Zia Park Derby
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Son of Lethal Force Tops Tattersalls Day 2
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move