With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
For the second year in a row, top race mare Vodka was voted Horse of the Year in Japan, becoming the first female to win the title twice.
Dream Journey gave Kenichi Ikezoe the ride of his life at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 27 when he defeated favored Buena Vista to capture the season-ending grade I Arima Kinen (Grand Prix).
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris