Rapid Redux, who established the modern North American record of 22 consecutive wins in January, will be permanently pensioned at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center in Georgetown, KY.
Old Friends, a non-profit Thoroughbred retirement facility, has received a second $50,000 grant from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Facility in Georgetown, Ky., and its 30 retired Breeders' Cup stars invite fans to join them for a special celebration of the 2011's Breeders' Cup on Sunday, Nov. 6 at noon EST.
On an extremely sultry Kentucky afternoon last week, I made the 25-minute trip from my office to Old Friends' Dream Chase Farm near Georgetown, Ky. Read Blog
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility in Georgetown, Ky., will hold a commemorative service Memorial Day, May 31, for eight retirees that passed away in the last year.
"Resucing Racers Project" grant is designed to award organizations whose mission is to promote equine welfare. Old Friends supports nearly 100 retired racehorses.
Proper Reality, a 25-year-old multiple graded stakes winner of more than $1.7 million, was euthanized Feb. 19 at Hagyard's Equine Medical in Lexington.
The auction, being held Feb. 16-16, will be run strictly through email and by phone, with all bids confidential. The resulting foals must become registered Pennsylvania-breds.
On Sept. 6 at 5:30 p.m. EDT, a public memorial service will be held for Ballindaggin, the recently deceased New York-bred stallion who had been a resident at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Facility near Georgetown, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing