Drs. Dean Richardson and Barbara Dallap met briefly with the press shortly after noon Sunday at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, Pa., to discuss the surgery about to be performed on Roy and Gretchen Jackson's Barbaro, the classic-winning Dynaformer colt who suffered a life-threatening right hind leg injury and was pulled up shortly after the start of Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming