Howard Craig, who at one time ranked 11th among jockeys by wins, died Oct. 31.
Michigan's racing commissioner said her office continues to field inquiries from companies interested in operating a Thoroughbred track in the Detroit metropolitan area, something horsemen believe is a key to any future growth for the sport.
Most Popular Stories
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Calder's GM of Racing to Stay With CDI
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp