Howard Craig, who at one time ranked 11th among jockeys by wins, died Oct. 31.
Michigan's racing commissioner said her office continues to field inquiries from companies interested in operating a Thoroughbred track in the Detroit metropolitan area, something horsemen believe is a key to any future growth for the sport.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Speedy in Final Work for San Vicente
- Farm Innovates With Online Videos
- Stormdriver Upstages Favorites in Louisiana
- F-T Offers Final Mixed Sale of the Year
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Mshawish Dazzles in Donn Handicap
- Hoppertunity Edges Imperative in San Antonio
- Mor Spirit Secures Robert B. Lewis Score
- El Niño Could Present Triple Crown Challenge
- Lukes Alley Takes Gulfstream Park Turf