Howard Craig, who at one time ranked 11th among jockeys by wins, died Oct. 31.
Michigan's racing commissioner said her office continues to field inquiries from companies interested in operating a Thoroughbred track in the Detroit metropolitan area, something horsemen believe is a key to any future growth for the sport.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77