Achiever's Legacy, dismissed at 9-1 as the longest shot in a four-horse field of 2-year-old fillies, rallied in the stretch to win the $100,000 Desi Arnaz Stakes at Del Mar Nov. 16 under apprentice jockey Drayden Van Dyke.
Unbeaten Wake Up Nick rallied to win the $103,900 Barretts Juvenile by 2 3/4 lengths Sept. 14 at Los Alamitos Racecourse, improving to 5-for-5 in his young career.
Five Fillies Stable's Sistas Stroll gave jockey Drayden Van Dyke his first graded stakes score Sept. 13 as Tom Proctor trainees ran 1-2 in the $150,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington International Racecourse.
Del Mar has moved two turf races scheduled for Sunday, July 27 to its main track in light of four breakdowns that have occurred on the course since the meeting began July 17.
Racing the dates previously held by now-closed Hollywood Park, Santa Anita Park reported average daily all-sources handle of $9.92 million and average daily attendance of 6,970 for the inaugural 38-day spring meet.
Handle from all-sources during Santa Anita Park's winter meet was up 4% when the Arcadia, Calif., track concluded the meet April 20.
Trainers Jerry Hollendorfer and John Sadler shared the trainer title and jockey Rafael Bejarano ranked as the top jockey when Santa Anita Park concluded its winter meet April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned