When it comes to winter racing and training, Gerald Aschinger, who operates War Horse Place in Kentucky with his wife, Dana, said Tampa Bay Downs is an excellent spot to build a foundation for horses before they head north.
Grade II winner Dramedy has been retired from racing and will enter stud at War Horse Place in 2016, according to an Oct. 13 release.
Three graded stakes winners will look to claim their second victories in that category in the $300,000 Kentucky Turf Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 12 at Kentucky Downs.
A tough cast of characters will fight it out in the $250,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT), an 11-furlong race for older horses on the Saratoga Race Course inner turf Aug. 1.
Triple Threat, a game winner of the Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIT) in his U.S. debut, heads the cast for the $100,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 11 in Arlington Heights, Ill.
Last-out stakes winners The Pizza Man, Dramedy, and Xtra Luck will seek to continue their successful ways at the marathon distance of 1 1/2 miles at Arlington International Racecourse.
The longest price on the board delivered a game performance at Keeneland April 18, 30-1 shot Dramedy putting pressure on frontrunner My Afleet all the way around and then just holding off the late charge of Dynamic Sky.
Well-bred War Correspondent, who seems to be on the upswing for trainer Christophe Clement, will join grade I winner Lochte in the $150,000 Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 28 at Gulfstream Park.
Top-selling $775,000 filly, Flashy Gray, helps key statistics tracking ahead of 2011 results.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park