Multimillionaire Perfect Drift will return to Turfway Park one more time for congratulations and honors as he begins his retirement with a special celebration and ceremony Sept. 27 as part of festivities surrounding the Kentucky Cup Day of Champions.
Stonerside Stable's Congaree has been assigned 124 pounds for Turfway Park's Kentucky Cup Classic (gr. II) to be run Saturday. The nine-time stakes winner and earner of more than $2.7 million has been asked to spot four pounds to his nearest rival, Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) winner Perfect Drift.
Stonecrest Farm's Perfect Drift, who was making his first start since the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on June 8, took command at the head of the stretch and held off the fast-closing Easyfromthegitgo to win the eighth running of the $400,000 Indiana Derby (gr. III) by 3/4 of a length at Hoosier Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Lists Start Times, Bet Options
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- Goldencents Seeks Second Dirt Mile Victory
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Artemis Agrotera Among 11 in F&M Sprint
- Strong Foreign Invasion for Juvenile Turf
- Mile Draws 19 First-Preference Entries
- Close Hatches, Untapable Take Aim at Distaff
- Juvenile Fillies Turf Pre-Entries Strong
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?