Multimillionaire Perfect Drift will return to Turfway Park one more time for congratulations and honors as he begins his retirement with a special celebration and ceremony Sept. 27 as part of festivities surrounding the Kentucky Cup Day of Champions.
Stonerside Stable's Congaree has been assigned 124 pounds for Turfway Park's Kentucky Cup Classic (gr. II) to be run Saturday. The nine-time stakes winner and earner of more than $2.7 million has been asked to spot four pounds to his nearest rival, Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) winner Perfect Drift.
Stonecrest Farm's Perfect Drift, who was making his first start since the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on June 8, took command at the head of the stretch and held off the fast-closing Easyfromthegitgo to win the eighth running of the $400,000 Indiana Derby (gr. III) by 3/4 of a length at Hoosier Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever