Multimillionaire Perfect Drift will return to Turfway Park one more time for congratulations and honors as he begins his retirement with a special celebration and ceremony Sept. 27 as part of festivities surrounding the Kentucky Cup Day of Champions.
Stonerside Stable's Congaree has been assigned 124 pounds for Turfway Park's Kentucky Cup Classic (gr. II) to be run Saturday. The nine-time stakes winner and earner of more than $2.7 million has been asked to spot four pounds to his nearest rival, Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) winner Perfect Drift.
Stonecrest Farm's Perfect Drift, who was making his first start since the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on June 8, took command at the head of the stretch and held off the fast-closing Easyfromthegitgo to win the eighth running of the $400,000 Indiana Derby (gr. III) by 3/4 of a length at Hoosier Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint