David Owen's book, Foinavon: The Story of the Grand National's Biggest Upset, was honored with the prestigious Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award.
Shelley Lee Riley, David Owen, and Dorothy Ours, are finalists for the 2013 Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award. The three authors presented tales of unexpected equine stars who grabbed racing's headlines in their respective eras.
Castleton Lyons has released the names of six semi-finalists titles that will compete for the Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award that will be announced April 9.
Castleton Lyons has announced that entries are now being accepted for the eighth annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award, a competition recognizing excellence in writing in the Thoroughbred industry.
Patrick Smithwick was awarded the seventh annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award during an evening ceremony April 10 at Castleton Lyons Farm near Lexington.
The finalists for the seventh annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award include a sequel to a previous finalist; a biography of a noted jockey; and a chronicle of the pursuit of American racing's ultimate goal.
Castleton Lyons announced entries are being taken for the seventh annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award, a competition recognizing excellence in writing in the Thoroughbred industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning