David Owen's book, Foinavon: The Story of the Grand National's Biggest Upset, was honored with the prestigious Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award.
Shelley Lee Riley, David Owen, and Dorothy Ours, are finalists for the 2013 Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award. The three authors presented tales of unexpected equine stars who grabbed racing's headlines in their respective eras.
Castleton Lyons has released the names of six semi-finalists titles that will compete for the Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award that will be announced April 9.
Castleton Lyons has announced that entries are now being accepted for the eighth annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award, a competition recognizing excellence in writing in the Thoroughbred industry.
Patrick Smithwick was awarded the seventh annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award during an evening ceremony April 10 at Castleton Lyons Farm near Lexington.
The finalists for the seventh annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award include a sequel to a previous finalist; a biography of a noted jockey; and a chronicle of the pursuit of American racing's ultimate goal.
Castleton Lyons announced entries are being taken for the seventh annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award, a competition recognizing excellence in writing in the Thoroughbred industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike