David Owen's book, Foinavon: The Story of the Grand National's Biggest Upset, was honored with the prestigious Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award.
Shelley Lee Riley, David Owen, and Dorothy Ours, are finalists for the 2013 Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award. The three authors presented tales of unexpected equine stars who grabbed racing's headlines in their respective eras.
Castleton Lyons has released the names of six semi-finalists titles that will compete for the Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award that will be announced April 9.
Castleton Lyons has announced that entries are now being accepted for the eighth annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award, a competition recognizing excellence in writing in the Thoroughbred industry.
Patrick Smithwick was awarded the seventh annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award during an evening ceremony April 10 at Castleton Lyons Farm near Lexington.
The finalists for the seventh annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award include a sequel to a previous finalist; a biography of a noted jockey; and a chronicle of the pursuit of American racing's ultimate goal.
Castleton Lyons announced entries are being taken for the seventh annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award, a competition recognizing excellence in writing in the Thoroughbred industry.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction