Storm Military, a dual group I-winning son of Bernstein in Argentina, has been privately purchased by Dr. Tony Ryan's Castleton Lyons and will commence a North American campaign with trainer Bobby Frankel.
A deal to sell the breeding rights to Preakness (gr. I) and Belmont (gr. I) winner Afleet Alex is in the works and is expected to be finalized shortly, J.J. Graci, publicist for owner Cash is King Stable, told The Blood-Horse Friday.
Grade I winner Toccet has had his first two mares scanned in foal.
Dr. Tony Ryan's Castleton Lyons announced today that Bernstein, a leading freshman sire of 2004, will stand the 2005 breeding season as Ryan's Thoroughbred farm near Lexington.
Castleton Lyons, owned by Dr. Tony Ryan, announced Thursday the purchase of a "significant" breeding interest in Action This Day, who recently earned an Eclipse Award as champion 2-year-old male for 2003.
Deceased Irish stallion Danehill, the world leader with 238 stakes winners, sired a filly at Dr. Tony Ryan's Castleton Lyons near Lexington from his last crop.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed finished its two-day run in Maryland Monday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price.
Malibu Moon, who was moved from Maryland to stand at Dr. Tony Ryan's Castleton Lyons Farm near Lexington, will have a fee of $10,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- Mikki Queen Rules in Japanese Oaks
- Pleascach Wins Irish One Thousand Guineas