Storm Military, a dual group I-winning son of Bernstein in Argentina, has been privately purchased by Dr. Tony Ryan's Castleton Lyons and will commence a North American campaign with trainer Bobby Frankel.
A deal to sell the breeding rights to Preakness (gr. I) and Belmont (gr. I) winner Afleet Alex is in the works and is expected to be finalized shortly, J.J. Graci, publicist for owner Cash is King Stable, told The Blood-Horse Friday.
Grade I winner Toccet has had his first two mares scanned in foal.
Dr. Tony Ryan's Castleton Lyons announced today that Bernstein, a leading freshman sire of 2004, will stand the 2005 breeding season as Ryan's Thoroughbred farm near Lexington.
Castleton Lyons, owned by Dr. Tony Ryan, announced Thursday the purchase of a "significant" breeding interest in Action This Day, who recently earned an Eclipse Award as champion 2-year-old male for 2003.
Deceased Irish stallion Danehill, the world leader with 238 stakes winners, sired a filly at Dr. Tony Ryan's Castleton Lyons near Lexington from his last crop.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed finished its two-day run in Maryland Monday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price.
Malibu Moon, who was moved from Maryland to stand at Dr. Tony Ryan's Castleton Lyons Farm near Lexington, will have a fee of $10,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season