The Racing Officials Accreditation Program hopes to make progress this year on protocol that will keep horses placed on various lists from showing up and racing at other tracks while ineligible under current guidelines.
Jim Edwards, state steward for the New Jersey Racing Commission at Monmouth Park, the Meadowlands, and Atlantic City Race Course since 2004, has been appointed as The Jockey Club steward at the NYRA tracks.
New York stewards reach out to media, public
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program has developed an annual performance evaluation program for stewards and judges as well as a list of points of emphasis for judging races in 2007 that will be provided to state racing commissions by year's end.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority approved a pair of changes to the list of racing officials at Churchill Downs during an April 28 special meeting.
By Dr. Ted Hill - Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as phenylbutazone and Banamine, and some prednisone or similar steroid to reduce inflammation in aching joints, tendons, and ligaments, the supporters argued, would simply help horses withstand the rigors of frequent racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016