During a June 29 meeting that showed the battle over race-day furosemide is escalating, supporters ripped their opponents and vowed to take their case -- that the medication is good for the racehorse -- to the public.
Surgery on a fractured shin in Proud Citizen's left front leg has been delayed. Dr. Stephen Selway postponed the operation, which was scheduled for July 1, because of several tiny fractures located near the main injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act