A study designed to determine the levels of exercise-industry pulmonary hemorrhage in 2-year-olds racing in South Florida is complete, but the data won't be released until a scientific paper is published after peer review.
In a survey designed to combat claims that the leaders of horsemen's groups don't represent their membership, the Florida HBPA Sept. 16 released the results of a poll that said most respondents support use of Lasix.
During a June 29 meeting that showed the battle over race-day furosemide is escalating, supporters ripped their opponents and vowed to take their case -- that the medication is good for the racehorse -- to the public.
Surgery on a fractured shin in Proud Citizen's left front leg has been delayed. Dr. Stephen Selway postponed the operation, which was scheduled for July 1, because of several tiny fractures located near the main injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Tumblebrutus Gets 25th Black-Type Winner
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects