A study designed to determine the levels of exercise-industry pulmonary hemorrhage in 2-year-olds racing in South Florida is complete, but the data won't be released until a scientific paper is published after peer review.
In a survey designed to combat claims that the leaders of horsemen's groups don't represent their membership, the Florida HBPA Sept. 16 released the results of a poll that said most respondents support use of Lasix.
During a June 29 meeting that showed the battle over race-day furosemide is escalating, supporters ripped their opponents and vowed to take their case -- that the medication is good for the racehorse -- to the public.
Surgery on a fractured shin in Proud Citizen's left front leg has been delayed. Dr. Stephen Selway postponed the operation, which was scheduled for July 1, because of several tiny fractures located near the main injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill