Kentucky Downs in Franklin, Ky., has become the 24th racetrack to be fully accredited by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance.
The California Horse Racing Board on Thursday waived three of its own rules for one day only -- October 25, 2003 -- to accommodate horses, owners, and trainers participating in the Breeders' Cup hosted by the Oak Tree Racing Association at Santa Anita.
Erythropoietin (EPO), a human medication designed to increase the concentration of red blood cells that is rumored to be in use on racehorses, has been added to the list of prohibited veterinary substances on racing premises by the California Horse Racing Board.
The California Horse Racing Board notified trainers and veterinarians Monday of new restrictions beginning July 24 on the use of shock wave therapy (SWT) for the treatment of orthopedic injuries to horses at California racetracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breezes at Palm Beach
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Hard to Stay Notgo Romps in Franklin Square
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- Maryland Positives for Compounded Drug Found
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes