Kentucky Downs in Franklin, Ky., has become the 24th racetrack to be fully accredited by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance.
The California Horse Racing Board on Thursday waived three of its own rules for one day only -- October 25, 2003 -- to accommodate horses, owners, and trainers participating in the Breeders' Cup hosted by the Oak Tree Racing Association at Santa Anita.
Erythropoietin (EPO), a human medication designed to increase the concentration of red blood cells that is rumored to be in use on racehorses, has been added to the list of prohibited veterinary substances on racing premises by the California Horse Racing Board.
The California Horse Racing Board notified trainers and veterinarians Monday of new restrictions beginning July 24 on the use of shock wave therapy (SWT) for the treatment of orthopedic injuries to horses at California racetracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab