Belmont Park has become the sixth racetrack to earn re-accreditation from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance.
- By Jack Shinar
Making its annual appearance in Silicon Valley on Thursday, the California Horse Racing Board directed its staff to take a major technological stride in the use of microchips for identification of race horses.
A state lawmaker claims the California Horse Racing Board is violating the law by awarding an equine drug-testing contract to the University of California-Davis, and said he would recommend that a legislative committee hold off on approving funds for the CHRB and the laboratory.
Fairplex Park will remain open without interruption as a racing and training center at least through October and possibly year-around under a funding agreement announced Thursday at the monthly meeting of the California Horse Racing Board at Golden Gate Fields.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- For a change, let's all accept the winner of this year's Kentucky Derby as the best horse. Period.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby