The two leading candidates in the 2-year-old filly category -- Ria Antonia and She's a Tiger -- could only be separated by a photo finish themselves in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies, and the order of finish was reversed.
Smiling Tiger, a multiple grade I winner and millionaire, has been retired from racing. The son of Hold That Tiger will stand at Premier Equine near Oakdale, Calif., in 2014 for a fee of $5,000
Multiple grade I winner Smiling Tiger has been entered in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November select mixed sale.
Smiling Tiger, taking advantage of a terrible break by 3-5 favorite Cost of Freedom, went gate-to-wire in winning the $250,000 Bing Crosby Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 1.
Smiling Tiger took the field all the way, holding off Concord Point in deep stretch to win the $100,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes by a half-length May 22 at Hollywood Park.
Favored Jungle Wave shook loose in upper stretch and held off Field Commission by three-quarters of a length in the $189,754 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) on a "yielding" Woodbine turf Aug. 29, making him a major contender in next month's Woodbine Mile (Can-IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite