The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has voted to ask the state Supreme Court for discretionary review of a recent Court of Appeals decision overturning Dr. Rod Stewart's four-year suspension for possession of cobra venom.
The state attorney general's office has issued an opinion affirming the right of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to search licensees' property.
Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for violating various medication violations including possession of cobra venom, has been granted a stay of that action until his appeal can be heard, according to a ruling by a Franklin (Kentucky) Circuit Court judge.
Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for violating various medication violations including possession of cobra venom, has filed has filed an action in Franklin (Kentucky) Circuit Court.
Kentucky racing stewards have suspended trainer Patrick Biancone for one year for numerous violations of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority's medication regulations following a hearing Oct. 4. The suspension begins Oct. 15.
- By Esther Marr
Following the announcement of the five-year suspension of veterinarian Dr. Rod Stewart for violations of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority's medication regulations, the organization has scheduled a stewards' hearing in the ongoing investigation of trainer Patrick Biancone, who was found to be in possession of cobra venom and two other prohibited substances.
Dr. Rod Stewart has appealed a suspension order issued by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority in connection with the ongoing investigation of trainer Patrick Biancone.
Dr. Rod Stewart, a veterinarian for trainer Patrick Biancone, was suspended by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority for failing to comply with an order to turn over his computer and records to state stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work