Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
Pioneering equine veterinary practitioner Dr. Robert Copelan has been named the Honor Guest of the Thoroughbred Club of America's 76th annual testimonial dinner, club president Mike Barnett announced Aug. 31.
Horsemen and veterinarians who are seeking an injunction to stall the tighter race-day medication policy set to take effect Sept. 7, opening night of the Turfway Park meet, indicated uncertainty over aspects of the policy could impact the entry box.
Dogwood Stable's Smok'n Frolic, winner of the Fashion, Tempted (gr. III), and Demoiselle (gr. II) Stakes as a 2-year-old, has been taken out of training for 30 days following an incident of bleeding during a Florida workout.
William T. Young's Overbrook Farm announced that homebred grade II winner Jump Start will not stand at stud this year at the Lexington nursery as planned and instead will begin his stallion career in 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- Woodbine Plans Events to Send Off Loiselle
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate