Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation announced Nov. 8 the unanimous election of Dr. Patricia Hogan to its board of directors.
Dunkirk, a brave second to Summer Bird in the June 6 Belmont Gr. I), continues to recuperate nicely in his stall from surgery to insert a screw in a non-displaced condylar fracture in his left rear cannon bone.
Equine Advocates' Eighth Annual Awards Dinner & Charity Auction, to be held at the Canfield Casino in Sarasota Springs, N.Y. Aug. 6, promises to be a star-studded affair, as actor Burt Reynolds receives the 2009 Safe Home Equine Protection Award.
The Ruffian Equine Medical Center, located across the street from the backstretch at Belmont Park, opened its doors May 26 under the direction of Dr. James Hunt and Dr. Patricia Hogan.
Equine Advocates will hold its seventh awards dinner and charity auction July 31.
The Equine Science Center at Rutgers University in New Jersey has named Dr. Patricia Hogan as the 2008 winner of its "Spirit of the Horse" award.
As Afleet Alex walked the shedrow for the second of three times Tuesday morning, his ears were up and he was looking for peppermints from trainer Tim Ritchey. It was obvious the colt was happy being out of his stall and walking again.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile