Dr. Patricia Hogan will be honored with the first-ever New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association "EquiStar Award" for her dedication and outstanding work on behalf of New York's retired racehorses.
Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation announced Nov. 8 the unanimous election of Dr. Patricia Hogan to its board of directors.
Dunkirk, a brave second to Summer Bird in the June 6 Belmont Gr. I), continues to recuperate nicely in his stall from surgery to insert a screw in a non-displaced condylar fracture in his left rear cannon bone.
Equine Advocates' Eighth Annual Awards Dinner & Charity Auction, to be held at the Canfield Casino in Sarasota Springs, N.Y. Aug. 6, promises to be a star-studded affair, as actor Burt Reynolds receives the 2009 Safe Home Equine Protection Award.
The Ruffian Equine Medical Center, located across the street from the backstretch at Belmont Park, opened its doors May 26 under the direction of Dr. James Hunt and Dr. Patricia Hogan.
Equine Advocates will hold its seventh awards dinner and charity auction July 31.
The Equine Science Center at Rutgers University in New Jersey has named Dr. Patricia Hogan as the 2008 winner of its "Spirit of the Horse" award.
- By Steve Haskin
As Afleet Alex walked the shedrow for the second of three times Tuesday morning, his ears were up and he was looking for peppermints from trainer Tim Ritchey. It was obvious the colt was happy being out of his stall and walking again.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- First Foal for Silver Max a Filly