Dr. Naveed Chowhan finally acquired the filly Brooklynsway in November 2015, and she has rewarded him and trainer Bernie Flint with a solid 2016 campaign.
Prices tumbled at the the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed sale Feb. 9 in Lexington, following the downward trends that have been seen at other recent auctions. The average price dropped 42.8% while the median price fell 28.6%. A much smaller sale catalog than in 2008 contributed to the 62.9% decline in the gross revenue.
Splash of Vanilla, believed to be the only Thoroughbred registered as a palomino that has ever been cataloged for a Keeneland sale, was sold for $14,000 to Dr. Naveed Chowhan during the final session of the January horses of all ages auction in Lexington. Chip Muth of Georgetown, Ky., signed the sale ticket for the 2-year-old filly with the golden coat Jan. 17.
WinStar Farm's Awesome Humor kept her record perfect and her place among the leaders of the 2-year-old filly division intact Friday afternoon, holding off favored Forever Partners to win the 111th running of the $200,000 Spinaway (gr. I) by 2-3/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita