The son of El Prado is expected to recover fully from a twist in his large colon.
In October 1987, Walmac International and its veterinarians went to extensive lengths to save the life of stallion Nureyev. Those efforts paid off, adding 14 years to the horse's life. When the son of Northern Dancer died this past Oct. 29 at age 24, he had been represented by 130 stakes winners. This article detailing how Nureyev was saved in 1987 was originally published in the Oct. 10, 1987 Blood-Horse.
John Henry, the former leading money-earner who has been a popular attraction at the Kentucky Horse Park since his arrival in 1985, is recuperating from colic surgery performed Jan. 25 at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Quest For More Rallies From Last in Cadran
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23