The son of El Prado is expected to recover fully from a twist in his large colon.
In October 1987, Walmac International and its veterinarians went to extensive lengths to save the life of stallion Nureyev. Those efforts paid off, adding 14 years to the horse's life. When the son of Northern Dancer died this past Oct. 29 at age 24, he had been represented by 130 stakes winners. This article detailing how Nureyev was saved in 1987 was originally published in the Oct. 10, 1987 Blood-Horse.
John Henry, the former leading money-earner who has been a popular attraction at the Kentucky Horse Park since his arrival in 1985, is recuperating from colic surgery performed Jan. 25 at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees