The son of El Prado is expected to recover fully from a twist in his large colon.
In October 1987, Walmac International and its veterinarians went to extensive lengths to save the life of stallion Nureyev. Those efforts paid off, adding 14 years to the horse's life. When the son of Northern Dancer died this past Oct. 29 at age 24, he had been represented by 130 stakes winners. This article detailing how Nureyev was saved in 1987 was originally published in the Oct. 10, 1987 Blood-Horse.
John Henry, the former leading money-earner who has been a popular attraction at the Kentucky Horse Park since his arrival in 1985, is recuperating from colic surgery performed Jan. 25 at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Raven Run Winner Taris to F-T November