Uncle Mo repelled a bid from Jackson Bend just beyond the quarter-pole and put his rival away in the $200,000 Kelso Handicap (gr. II) Oct. 1 at Belmont Park to win by three lengths.
Champion Uncle Mo turned away a challenge from Rattlesnake Bridge and pulled away in the stretch to post an easy 3 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Timely Writer Stakes March 12 at Gulfstream Park in his 3-year-old debut.
Highly-touted juvenile Uncle Mo was tested in the early going, but pulled clear in the stretch to win as a heavy favorite in the $300,000 Champagne (gr. I) Oct. 9 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Lexington Horseman Randolph Dies