The condition of Zayat Stables' Paynter, who suffered a recurrence of an illness that kept him out of the Travers Stakes (gr. I), was improved the morning of Aug. 29, according to noted veterinarian Mark Cheney.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
The debate over whether Kentucky should implement a restrictive race-day medication policy heated up Nov. 18 with calls by racetrack veterinarians and trainers to keep the current policy intact, and allegations that the national Racing Medication and Testing Consortium is carrying out an agenda in secret.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels