The condition of Zayat Stables' Paynter, who suffered a recurrence of an illness that kept him out of the Travers Stakes (gr. I), was improved the morning of Aug. 29, according to noted veterinarian Mark Cheney.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
The debate over whether Kentucky should implement a restrictive race-day medication policy heated up Nov. 18 with calls by racetrack veterinarians and trainers to keep the current policy intact, and allegations that the national Racing Medication and Testing Consortium is carrying out an agenda in secret.
Most Popular Stories
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream