The condition of Zayat Stables' Paynter, who suffered a recurrence of an illness that kept him out of the Travers Stakes (gr. I), was improved the morning of Aug. 29, according to noted veterinarian Mark Cheney.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
The debate over whether Kentucky should implement a restrictive race-day medication policy heated up Nov. 18 with calls by racetrack veterinarians and trainers to keep the current policy intact, and allegations that the national Racing Medication and Testing Consortium is carrying out an agenda in secret.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher