The condition of Zayat Stables' Paynter, who suffered a recurrence of an illness that kept him out of the Travers Stakes (gr. I), was improved the morning of Aug. 29, according to noted veterinarian Mark Cheney.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
The debate over whether Kentucky should implement a restrictive race-day medication policy heated up Nov. 18 with calls by racetrack veterinarians and trainers to keep the current policy intact, and allegations that the national Racing Medication and Testing Consortium is carrying out an agenda in secret.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm