The condition of Zayat Stables' Paynter, who suffered a recurrence of an illness that kept him out of the Travers Stakes (gr. I), was improved the morning of Aug. 29, according to noted veterinarian Mark Cheney.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
The debate over whether Kentucky should implement a restrictive race-day medication policy heated up Nov. 18 with calls by racetrack veterinarians and trainers to keep the current policy intact, and allegations that the national Racing Medication and Testing Consortium is carrying out an agenda in secret.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Bernardini Filly Shows Maturity in OBS Breeze
- California Chrome Under Saddle at Newmarket
- 123Gaming Granted ADW License in Washington
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test