On the 25th anniversary of their plucky colt’s Preakness Stakes (gr. I) win, Dogwood Stable’s Cot Campbell recalls the thrilling highs and gut-wrenching lows of campaigning a top 3-year-old along the 1990 Triple Crown trail.
The condition of Zayat Stables' Paynter, who suffered a recurrence of an illness that kept him out of the Travers Stakes (gr. I), was improved the morning of Aug. 29, according to noted veterinarian Mark Cheney.
A review of the medications administered I'll Have Another between the Preakness and Belmont Stakes (both gr. I) are consistent with the veterinary treatment of most racehorses, according to three licensed veterinarians.
- By Tom LaMarra
The debate over whether Kentucky should implement a restrictive race-day medication policy heated up Nov. 18 with calls by racetrack veterinarians and trainers to keep the current policy intact, and allegations that the national Racing Medication and Testing Consortium is carrying out an agenda in secret.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier