Spooled, the first starter for Indiana-based sire Dr Large, drew off in the stretch to post a 7 3/4-length victory in her career debut, a five-furlong maiden special weight race for Indiana-bred 2-year-olds.
Indiana Stallion Station, near Anderson, announced its first annual Stallion Show and Open House to be held Oct. 12 starting at 1:00 p.m. There will be free food all day long and a band starting at 5:00 p.m.
Cat Dreams, sire of grade II winner Caracortado, and other stallions Dr Large and Storm Account will stand in 2013 at Trifecta Trace in Indiana.
A Gallery of 16 of this year's top stallions. View Slideshow
Dr Large, bred on the successful A.P. Indy--Mr. Prospector cross, will stand the 2011 breeding season at Still Creek Farms in Indiana.
Castleton Lyons' Laureate Conductor is the 3-2 morning line favorite for the 1 1/8-mile Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 5 at Delaware Park.
Either tracks like Gulfstream and Oaklawn are getting noticeably slower or the horses are. From all indications, it is the tracks, which is fine if they keep horses sounder. (See end of text for first official Top 30)
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- BC, NBC Extend Media Rights Deal 10 Years
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia